Living aboard the Tatawa for six days and five nights while exploring Komodo National Park sounds like an incredible adventure! With its diverse marine life and stunning dive sites, you’re in for an unforgettable experience.
Certainly! In addition to diving, exploring the terrestrial wonders of Komodo National Park and its surrounding islands adds another layer of adventure to your trip. Here’s a suggested itinerary that incorporates visits to Padar Island, Pink Beach, and other interesting places while considering varying conditions and your diving experience level.
Day 1: Central Komodo
- Start your journey by diving at some of the central dive sites, like Batu Bolong and Tatawa Besar.
- Explore the vibrant coral reefs teeming with colorful fish and keep an eye out for larger marine species like sharks and turtles.
Day 2: South Rinca
- Head south towards Rinca Island and dive at sites like Cannibal Rock and Nusa Kode.
- Discover the unique macrolife, including pygmy seahorses, nudibranchs, and frogfish hiding amongst the coral.
Day 3: South Komodo
- Explore dive sites around Horseshoe Bay and Manta Alley.
- Witness the majestic manta rays gliding gracefully through the water and possibly encounter other pelagic species like tuna and barracuda.
Day 4: North Komodo
- Journey north to explore sites such as Castle Rock and Crystal Rock.
- Experience exhilarating drift dives amidst swirling schools of fish and encounter reef sharks patrolling the waters.
Day 5: North Komodo Continued
- Spend the morning diving at iconic sites like Batu Putih and the Cauldron.
- Marvel at the underwater topography featuring underwater pinnacles and caves while searching for elusive critters like the blue-ringed octopus.
Day 6: Central Komodo
- Return to central Komodo for your final day of diving.
- Wrap up your adventure by revisiting favorite sites or exploring new ones like The Golden Passage and Siaba Besar.
Throughout your expedition, soak in the breathtaking scenery of Komodo National Park above water, including visits to the famous Komodo Dragons on Rinca Island and picturesque beaches for relaxation between dives. Don’t forget to capture your unforgettable moments both above and below the surface to cherish the memories of your Komodo diving adventure aboard the Tatawa!
- 21 Dives
- 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 Dinners,
- Own Cabin (Double, Single, or Twin)
- Dive equipment rental
- Komodo National Park entrance fees
- Diving Insurance
- Land Accommodation, Airfare, and Land Transports
- Tips for our crew