Adventure into the dense Borneo rainforest in Sebangau National Park. Boat along the river on a 3-day rainforest cruise tour to explore the exotic Borneo rainforest and villages. Upon arrival at Palangkaraya airport around 9 a.m., you will be greeted by a local guide and transferred to the river. See Borneo orangutans and other wildlife from a distance by canoe. Highlights of the trip include a cruise on the Katingan River and a visit to Telaga Village to experience traditional local daily life and culture. At night, the boat finds a quiet mooring for the night, sleeping on a cruise.
The next day in the morning, join some local canoes to explore glassy reflections on the black water lakes while watching colorful birds, proboscis monkeys, gibbons, pig-tailed macaques, and a variety of other animals (wildlife can’t be guaranteed). On arrival at the WWF research and information site, you will have a short presentation on activities at the research center and stroll around the camp. Here, you will spend a night in a small jungle lodge. After dinner, set off on an exciting nighttime wildlife spotting expedition. In the silent night, you might see the eye of a clouded leopard. Last day in the morning, head off for a short jungle trek and animal spotting in the Borneo rainforest before cruising to Jahanjang and transferring back to Palangkaraya airport or hotel.
A trip that combines the best river sightseeing tour to see wildlife in the Borneo rainforest with visiting a local village Look at the local fishing industry and join some games with the villagers in Telaga village. Encounter a dozen species of endangered wildlife in the Borneo rainforest and observe wild orangutans. Tours will give you a real experience full of insights about the Borneo flora, fauna, and local culture. Spend your two nights on a traditional river cruise and in a small jungle lodge. This tour will be located in the forest and river. Antimalarial drugs should always be purchased before traveling.
Day 1: Palangkaraya, Orangutan Island, Jahanjang, and Telaga
08.00 AM: Meet up at Tjilik Riwut Airport Palangka Raya or hotel/airport pick upHeading to Nyaru MentengCanoeing to the Orangutan Island (watching the orangutans from a distance that will not disturb their adaptation to the natural habitat)Visiting the Foundation’s Education Center and having lunch in a favorite Dayak WarungHeading to Jahanjang Port on the Katingan River (about a 2-hour drive)Cruising to the village of Telaga and getting a welcome drink and snack served on the boatWalking through Telaga Village and joining some games with the villagersVisiting the local fishing home industry at Telaga VillageHeading back to the boat and staying overnight on the boat
Day 2: Telaga, Sungei Klaru, and Sebangau National Park
Cruising for Sungei KlaruCanoeing to explore the beautiful Black Water Lake SystemLearning about the REDD+ project at RMU’s Katingan Mentaya Project (if you’re lucky, you can see birds,proboscis monkeys and a variety of other wildlife in that forest rehabilitation area.Returning to the boatCruising to the Punggu Alas RiverCanoeing to Sebangau National ParkCheck in at Small Jungle Lodge in the WWF Research and Information Site (accommodating 2 or more persons).Having a short presentation at the research centerStrolling around the campAfter dinner, have an exciting night wildlife spotting expedition (if you’re lucky, you can see leopards and other nocturnal wildlife).Back to the camp and stay overnight in the jungle lodge.
Day 3: Sebangau National Park, Palangkaraya
Breakfast at the campEnjoying a short jungle trek and animal spotting at Sebangau National ParkReturning to the camp before lunchCheck outCanoeing along the small stream to the boatEnjoying lunch on board Cruising to JahanjangTransfer to Palangkaraya airport or hotel
- This trip is available on Saturday or Tuesday.
- The tour will be conducted using a local wooden boat.
- The itinerary may be subject to change, depending on the circumstances.
- Dry-season conditions may cause alterations to the itineraries.
- Pick-up time is about 8:00 AM.
- We recommend you take a flight with an arrival time of Palangkaraya or Tjilik.
- Riwut Airport before 8:00 AMWe recommend you arrive in the morning or one day before the tour starts.
- Kindly notice that the driver is not the tour expert guide.
- The driver will just pick you up and drop you off.
- We are not responsible for any delay, loss, theft, accident, sickness, complaint, or any problems that occur during the tour.
What to bring?
- Voucher from Aha Adventure (printed or e-voucher)
- Comfortable clothes (long trousers and sleeves)
- Trekking shoes
- Extra clothes
- Hat, sunglasses
- Mosquito repellent
- Malaria pill
- Personal first aid kit
- Raincoat during the rainy season
- The above rates are non-refundable.
- Once a booking is confirmed, it can’t be canceled.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations made after the reservation.
- Please read the cancellation policy carefully before you make a reservation.
- Any change or cancellation is made via email at business hours.
- Business hours: Monday–Friday (except public holidays) from 09:00 AM–15:00 PM (GMT +7)
- A 100%%penalty will be charged for a no-show case. No refund was issued.
- Amazing jungle trekking with a great chance to spot wildlife while learning about the secrets of wildlife in this beautiful Borneo rainforest
- Encouraging the protection of orangutans and their habitat from a distance so we won’t disturb this process as they adapt to the natural forest environment of the island.
- Borneo is the best place to see orangutans in the wild, with several sanctuaries to increase your chances of sightings.
- On the first night of the Borneo rainforest tour, you will spend a night on the boat. Enjoy a freshly cooked set of meals served on the boat since you spent the night on the boat.
- Visit the Katingan Mentaya Project forest rehabilitation area. Quietly cruise by canoe to watch a variety of other wildlife.Also, enjoy the perfect glassy reflections on the black water lakes.
- On arrival at the WWF research and information site on day two, you will settle in a jungle lodge in Sebangau National Park.
- A local wooden boat
- Selected Cabin
- Accommodation in a Small Jungle Lodge (on Day 2)
- Return transfer from the airport or hotel to the airport or hotel (only in the Palangkaraya Area)
- English-speaking guide
- Meals during the cruise
- Entrance Ticket
- Donations to the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation and donations to local Dayak
- Off-boat tour
- Excursion as per itinerary
- Service Tax
- Flight Ticket
- Personal Expenses
- Alcoholic and soda drinks on board
- Accommodation before and after the tour
- Permit for professional cameras such as SLR’s