Let’s enjoy and join the trip 3 days of a Kelotok River Cruise to explore the exotic of Borneo Island I was cruising down the river and searching for Borneo orangutans. After your arrival at Pangkalan Bun airport meet service around 8 AM, you will be welcomed by our local guide and transferred to Kumai port by car. Board the boat and sail to the Kahayan River on a traditional Kalimantan river cruise while observing the wildlife. Come to Central Kalimantan; this trip offers you a relaxing jungle river journey. Stop at the forest rehabilitation site to observe the orangutan and visit traditional villages to meet Dayak people of the Borneo ethnic group. Catch some of the best views on a fascinating 3-day river cruise tour, such as floating houses, river vegetation, and glassy reflections on the black water lakes. The tour is located in the forest and river; antimalarial drugs should always be purchased before traveling.
Whether you’re in the mood for a romantic adventure tour, a relaxing tour, or a family trip, this Borneo river cruise tour would suit your interests. The upper deck is large; it is used for meals and as a place to enjoy the spectacular view from the upper deck. There are relaxing deck chairs on the top deck for a relaxing soak while passing scenery from the boat. A perfect way to explore Borneo rivers and explore Borneo’s wildlife in their natural habitat See orangutans, colorful birds, and others along the riverside. If you are lucky, you can observe the shy, long-nosed monkey. These Borneo river cruise tour packages include airport transfers, a local tour guide, cabin accommodation, meals, a canoe boat, and an English-speaking guide.
A trip that combines the best river vegetation, exotic orangutans, tradition, and typical experiences! We highlight the best examples of tour destinations. You can have a quick look at the floating house, visit local villages, encounter a dozen species of endangered wildlife in Borneo, and observe orangutans on a pre-release island operated by the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation. Also, you will have a visit to the elder’s house to enjoy the traditional spices of coffee while sharing stories.
A comfortable deck boat with a very comfortable relaxing chair is also available to help you relax in style, with the soothing sounds of a rainforest symphony echoing all around. Enjoy its amazing waterways aboard a traditional Kalimantan boat. Breathe in the fresh jungle air while enjoying your meals on the deck boat.
Around the edge of the Kahayan River, you will see many floating houses. The number of floating houses is around three hundred. All household activities are carried out above floating houses.
The river and its environs are home to many fascinating species of river vegetation and animals. Keep an eye out to see a dozen species of wildlife in Borneo, such as hornbills, colorful birds, and shy proboscis monkeys.
Encouraging the protection of orangutans and their habitat conservation Borneo is the best place to see orangutans in the wild, with several sanctuaries to increase your chances of sightings.
Day 1: Palangka Raya-Palangka Raya Port-Katimpun
- 08.00 AM: Meet up at Tjilik Riwut Airport Palangka Raya or hotel/airport pick up
- Heading to Palangka Raya Port
- Start cruising, passing the stilted and floating houses.
- Stop at Petuk Katimpu Village.
- Walking along the boardwalks and visiting the small library foundation
- Continues cruising to a beautiful Black Water Lake
- Canoeing at Black Water Lake (if you’re lucky, you will see proboscis monkeys, hornbills, and Brahmini kites)
- Back to the boat
- Having dinner and staying overnight on the boat
Day 2: Palas Island, BOS, Sei Gohong
- Cruising to Palas Island and having breakfast on the boat
- Taking a motorized canoe to observe orangutans
- Visiting BOS Education (learning about BOS history and rehabilitation programs)
- Return to the boat, having lunch on board while cruising to Sei Gohong Village.
- Passing Kaja and Bangamat Island (Orangutan pre-release island)
- Having a closer observation of the orangutans
- Swimming in the Black Water Lake (only if the river water level is sufficient)
- Having dinner and staying overnight on the boat
Day 3: KSei Gohong-Kanarakan-Tjilik Riwut Airport
- Transfer to Tangkiling Hill by car
- Visiting the Dayak Cultural Spirit House
- Trekking to the top of Tangkiling Hill
- Having breakfast
- Departing to Kanarakan (meeting the village elder, seeing village home gardens, a rubber field and rubber
- tapping demonstration, and other village livelihoods)
- Visiting the elder’s house and enjoying the traditional spices of coffee while sharing stories
- Return to the boat for lunch and cruise downstream to Sei Gohong.
- Check out at 2 p.m. for a transfer to the Palangka Raya airport or hotel.
- This trip is available on Saturday or Tuesday.
- The tour will be conducted using a local wooden boat.
- The itinerary may be subject to change, depending on the circumstances.
- Dry-season conditions may cause alterations to the itineraries.
- Pick-up time is about 8:00 AM. We recommend you take a flight with an arrival time at Palangka Raya or Tjilik
- Riwut Airport before 8:00 AM.
- We recommend you arrive in the morning or one day before the tour starts.
- Kindly notice that the driver is not the tour expert guide. The driver will just pick you up and drop you off.
- Permits can be obtained by Wandernesia and are IDR 250.000 for each camera.
- Wandernesia is not responsible for any delay, loss, theft, accident, sickness, complaint, or any problems that occur during the tour.
What to bring?
- Voucher from Nusa Penida Islands Tour (printed or e-vouched)
- Comfortable clothes (long trousers and sleeves)
- Trekking shoes
- Extra clothes
- Hat, sunglasses
- Mosquito repellent
- Malaria pill
- Personal first aid kit
- Raincoat during the rainy season
- The above rates are non-refundable. Once a booking is confirmed, it can’t be canceled.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations made after the reservation.
- Please read the cancellation policy carefully before you make a reservation.
- Any change or cancellation is made via email at business hours.
- Business hours: Monday–Friday (except public holidays) from 09:00 AM–15:00 PM (GMT +7)
- Discover Orangutan and Dayak Village
- Stay onboard and tour.
- A local wooden boat
- Selected Cabin
- Return transfer from the airport or hotel to the airport or hotel (only in the Palangka Raya Area)
- English-speaking guide
- Meals during the cruise
- Entrance Ticket
- Donations to the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation and donations to local Dayak
- Off-boat tour
- Service Tax
- Flight Ticket
- Personal Expenses
- Alcoholic and soda drinks on board
- Hotel or homestay accommodation
- Permit for professional cameras such as SLR’s