Bukit Lawang for the Sumatran orangutan; Tangkahan for the Sumatran elephant.
Explore the Sumatran Jungle and have an extraordinary experience during your rainforest vacation. Pack your backpacks, embark on a jungle trek in Gunung Leuser National Park, and trek for orangutans and other tropical wildlife. Off-road with a local Jeep tour through oil palm plantation trails and rural areas, join Mahout Bathing and Feeding of Sumatran Elephants in hidden paradise.
Available include return airplane tickets from Bali to Medan, Sumatra. Please contact us: WhatsApp: +6282341719999
- 2 Days, 1 Night Jungle Trekking
- Staying in the middle of the jungle
- See Sumatran orangutans and other wildlife.
- Learning about flora and fauna
- Enjoying a simple picnic in the jungle while trekking
- Fast view of rubber and cacao plantations
- River tubing in the Bahamas
- Explore Tangkahan for elephant tours.
- Help the mahout with washing and feeding the Sumatran elephant.
- Walking, explore the Tangkahan village.
- Cross a long bridge in Tangkahan for a beautiful view of the jungle.
- See the smallest hot springs, nearly at the jungle restaurant.
- Drive the journey to Tangkahan by local jeep with a fast view of the big palm oil plantation.
DAY 1: PICK UP TO AIRPORT OR MEDAN HOTEL, BUKIT LAWANG
Our team driver and guide will pick you up at KNO Medan airport or Medan hotel, and then you drive for about 3 hours to Bukit Lawang, a small tourist village on the edge of Gunung Leuser National Park. Bukit Lawang is the most popular and more accessible point of entry into the National Park. This park is one of the largest national parks crossing the border in two provinces, containing more than 800,000 ha of virgin rainforest and being home to orangutans, tigers, elephants, gibbons, and others.
- Private Transfer to Bukit Lawang
- Check in and stay at the Bukit Lawang Hotel; breakfast is included.
- Explore the village of Bukit Lawang.
- Free to chill. Enjoy the view from your verandah.
DAY 2: JUNGLE TREKKING FOR TWO DAYS, STAYING AT JUNGLE CAMP
After breakfast, you will start your jungle trek to explore the national park. You will follow a 6- to 7-hour jungle walk looking for the Sumatran orangutan and other tropical flora and fauna. It’s not a flat road; there are some ups and downs, and you have a great chance to see gibbons, Thomas leaf monkeys, long-tailed and pigtail macaques, squirrels, the Great Arafura, and hornbills. The wild orangutans might cross you. We enjoyed a little picnic with an Indonesian lunch prepared by the team. Your guide will explain a lot about the rain forest and show you different kinds of plants and flowers. Learn about setting up camp in the jungles of Sumatra upon arriving at your campsite and helping build a fire to cook your dinner. Your local guide is experienced in “cooking camp” dinners under the stars, surrounded by the eerie sounds of the jungle. Your local guide will play a few games and tricks to help you have a fun and happy night with a little snack, tea, or coffee before bed.
- Jungle Orangutan Trekking, 2 Days, 1 Night Stay in Jungle Camp English-speaking guide and helper for camping and porter equipment.
- Meals: 2 x lunch, 1 x dinner, 1 x breakfast, mineral water, and fresh fruit. Entrance Permit Park
DAY 3: FOREST-LAWANG HILL
Good Morning…… When you wake up, the team will give you some light snacks with tea or coffee. Enjoy your forest morning with the sounds of birds and gibbons. Relax, swim, and enjoy your last day in Gunung Leuser National Park. After lunch, the forest trek ends with a walk back to the accommodations. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure. The rest is up to you; you can go swimming or take a scenic walk to the nearest village.
- Breakfast, lunch, fresh fruits, and water River tubing returns to Bukit Lawang.
- The second stay at the Bukit Lawang Hotel
Day 4: Tangkahan: Day Tour to the Elephant Sanctuary in Tangkahan, Bukit Lawang
Off road by local jeep to Tangkahan, it’s a one-day trip for the Bukit Lawang-Tangkahan-Bukit Lawang tour, starting early in the morning and taking about 2 hours through the path of oil palm plantations and rural areas. It’s a little bumpy, but very enjoyable! , Arriving at Tangkahan Elephant Sanctuary, it’s your time with the world’s largest mammal. You will have one hour. Join and help the mahouts bathe and feed the elephants in the river Batang. The activity will give you an extraordinary experience because you will wake up close and personal with the elephants. The elephant will spray water. Great bath!” After the elephants relax or take a walk in the Tangkahan area, it is your turn to return to Bukit Lawang and the free program.
- Transportation along the Bukit Lawang-TTangkahan-BBukit Lawang trip 1 hour of joining Mahout to bathe and feed Sumatran elephants Entrance Permit and Guide Ranger and Mahout Speak English.
- Stay at the Bukit Lawang Hotel.
DAY 5: BUKIT LAWANG-KNO AIRPORT/MEDAN
Today you will drive back to Medan Hotel or Kualanamu Airport for your onward flight to another destination.
- Private transport to Kualanamu Airport or Medan Hotel
(Note*** Additional cost drop transport to Tangkahan, Berastagi, or Lake Toba
- All transport pick-up and drop-off
- Hotel and breakfast
- English-speaking guide
- Trekking and tubbing
- Jeep Journey Tour
- Entrance ticket
- Airplane ticket